- This event has passed.
Maureen O’Malley (ImmunoConcept), Why Philosophy of Microbiology?
3 March 2016 | 12 h 00 min - 13 h 00 min
Maureen O’Malley (University of Bordeaux; previously: University of Sydney), Why Philosophy of Microbiology?
Attention! Exceptionnellement, la séance commencera à 12h au lieu de 12h30 (The seminar will start at noon, instead of 12:30pm)
- Link to Video of this talk: Video O’Malley
- Link to PDF Presentation of Maureen’s talk: Why Philosophy of Microbiology?
- Short abstract: Microbes have only recently become the objects of sustained philosophical attention. I will discuss some of the reasons why philosophers now find microbes and microbiology interesting, and why philosophy of microbiology might be a worthwhile activity.
- 6 December | 18 h 00 min - 19 h 00 min at Salle de conférence du Centre de génomique fonctionnelle
- 14 December | 17 h 00 min - 18 h 30 min